You are cordially invited to participate in the 2nd International conference in memory of professor Valery Komarov «THE ISSUES IN MECHANICS OF PULP-AND-PAPER MATERIALS» to be held in Arkhangelsk (Russia), September 10-12, 2013.
The principal objective of the Conference is to bring together scientists, researchers, experts concerned with scientific and technical exchange in the pulp and paper industry.
Scientific institutions, companies and enterprises both from Russia and from abroad are expected to participate in the Conference.
The conference will cover all areas of fiber and paper physics, i.e. characterization, behavior and performance of fibers, papermaking processes and the final product.
Discussion will focus on the results of basic research concerning estimating and predicting deformation and strength properties of pulp, paper and cardboard. Theoretical and applied research papers are welcome.
Sessions will include the following topics:
- Physical bases and methods of evaluation of mechanical behavior of pulp-and-paper materials;
- New strategies for improving the mechanical properties of technical cellulose, paper and cardboard;
- Prospects of save-resource methods for producing paper and cardboard from the recycling raw materials;
- Using «biorefining» and "green chemistry" in the processing of plant raw materials;
- Nanotechnology in the development of new paper-like materials based on mineral fibers and polymers.
It is planned to hold plenary and specialized sessions. Papers are also invited for the poster sessions. It is also planned to publish the volume of abstracts. All delegates will be sent one copy free of charge.
Conference official languages are Russian and English.
- Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation
- Ministry of Education and Science of Arkhan-gelsk Region
- Northern (Arctic) Federal University
Sponsors of the Conference
- Open Society «Arkhangelsk PPM»
- CC «Incorporated paper-mills»
- BCT-Service Ltd
- JSC «OPTEC»
- Journal «Cellulose. Paper. Cardboard.»
- Forest Journal
Registration fee for full participants – RUB 2000
Registration fee includes: the scientific program, proceedings, coffee (tea) breaks, welcome party, and social program.
Accommodation cost is not included.